Sunday, September 8, 2013

Menu Plan

This week I debated whether to 'let' hubby cook all week.  We usually split the work 70/30 with James planning and cooking on the weekend.  He really enjoys it, he puts on a cooking show, pours himself a drink and gets into the prep and cooking.  I on the other hand find it another job to do at the end of the day.
 
I must be crazy but I feel as the part time worker/SAHM that the job should be mine.  We'll see if that changes when I return to full time work out of the home.
 
But for now this is this weeks menu;
 
Thursday
Chicken Laksa
I tried a new kit which included almost everything I needed.  Easy to follow with each sachet numbered and with the instructions printed on the sachet.  It was flavoursome not hot which I prefer.
 
Friday
Roasted Tomato Chicken and Pesto Pasta
 
Saturday
Dinner out
Miss M asked if we could eat dinner out as we usually only do that while on holidays.  We went to Dome and tried their new Belgian Waffles ~ Matilda's first time and she enjoyed them though didn't eat them all.
 
Sunday
Roast Lamb Leg, Beans and Lemon Risoni
This was cooked with honey, garlic and wholegrain mustard.  Thank goodness hubby used baking paper as the honey caramelised in the tray making it yummy but a sticky clean up.
 
Monday
Penne with Roasted Pumpkin and Sausage
 
Tuesday
Omelette Wrap with Spinach and Sausage
I bought crepes to use instead of making the Omelette (I'm not good at making thin omelette's).  We'll see if I did the right thing.
 
Wednesday
Scotch Fillet with Veggies
Scotch Fillet is a lot cheaper than usual at the moment so we are making the most of it.
 
Again, simple, fast and inexpensive.  Can't get much better than that.
 
Feel free to link up with your plan or add your favourites as I'm always looking for new ideas to try.
 
 
 photo f066a69c-69c1-4582-93c0-7505e7d2ebb3_zps0a980266.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment x