Friday, June 21, 2013

What's for dinner this week

Another week, another menu plan.

We have been planning for over 5 years and we have never looked back.  It saves us time, money and our sanity.  There is also very little wastage as we buy only what we need. We share the cooking with hubby cooking Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

This week I have borrowed two recipes from lovely readers.  I'm looking forward to making this a regular feature on our plan.  Feel free to share your favourite recipe or link to your menu plan and I'll add two each week.

Thursday
Pumpkin soup leftovers
Hubby was away so this was a nice, easy and yummy option for me

Friday
Red Pork Curry

Saturday
Irish Stew
This features regularly during Winter and comes from a cookbook I bought hubby from Target called Winter Warmers.  From memory the book was less than $10.  The Red Pork Curry recipe is from the same book.

Sunday
Chilli Con Carne
This is a favourite in our house, it's not spicy but full of flavour.  Add some sour cream and yum!

Monday
Prosciutto Pasta
This yummy recipe is thanks to kirsten and co.

Tuesday
Sweet lamb chops with mash and beans
Thanks to one of my lovely readers who shared her recipe ~ thanks Leah

Wednesday
Hubby is away, I have a P&F meeting and Miss M is being looked after while I'm at the meeting so I'll make her a little smorgasbord plate for tea.

As always if you would like me to share a recipe let me know and I'll add it as a separate post.


2 comments:

  1. I always say I am going to plan the menu for the week and get through about 3 days and change it. Would love to have the receipe for the Chilli Con Carne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, thanks for popping by. I'll add the recipe as a separate post.
    It's definitely a favourite in our home and is not overly spicy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment x