Monday, March 4, 2013

My first Bloggers event

From the time I started Because Everything Counts I have been a little envious of my Eastern states Sisters who got to attend fabulous Blogger events, meet other bloggers and even more so when goodie bags were included.  So I was super excited to receive an invitation to my first event from Blogs and PR for a WA bloggers meet and greet.

As we live a few hours from the event location hubby and I decided to make a weekend of it, child free and with a little shopping for good measure.  If that didn't make me nervous enough (it was our first time leaving Miss M), the idea of walking into a room and meeting a group of ladies who I've either followed their blog or meeting others for the first time was enough to make me a bundle of nerves.  It felt like the first day of school. I am actually a shy person to begin with.

What eventuated was a lovely few hours of chatting, getting to know each other and our blogs.  Each one of us were asked to stand in the front of the group ~ nerves in overdrive ~ and introduce ourselves, our blog and choose from a lucky dip.  My lucky dip was a Mothers Corn Kids Soup Bowl, yep that's right, it's made from corn.  Very cool.

Thanks to the wonderful Yvette from Little Bento Blog and Annaleis from Teapots and Tractors for organising the meet and greet.  Thanks too to the fabulous bloggers who shared their stories.  For the full list of those who attended head to my facebook page and check out the Blog Rolls.

A final thanks too to the amazing sponsors who contributed so generously to our goodie bags

2kool4skool
Kambrook
KiddiKutter
ImogensAngels
Suz E Bee candles
Sunraysia Australia
Missy and Moo
Name Your Dummy
Kidsberry Store

and to The Wembley Hotel for hosting us.


Why were we lucky to receive goodie bags? Well the idea of Blogs and PR is to connect bloggers with brands. I'll be writing reviews of the items I received or sharing the brands pages. I also look forward to working with more brands. The direction of the blog may change a little in that there will be advertising in the future.  But I can promise you the reviews will be written with honesty and the blog won't become just a billboard.

I'm so glad I overcame my first day nerves.

x Bec











1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment x